With Version 11 of the Softdial Contact Center™(SCC) product, Sytel has included tools and functionality needed to make the solution simple to deploy at large scale in cloud environments.
Some of the challenges of deploying in the cloud are:
- Geographically dispersed solutions - contact centers may be spread across several regions.
- In a geographically dispersed environment, it is essential that servers can be managed easily. Communication between servers must be reliable and consistent.
- The larger the environment, the greater the need for resilience.
- When necessary it should be possible to scale up in an automated way by adding processing or storage resources.
In Version 11 Sytel has made enhancements in the following areas to accommodate greater scale:
- Managing large numbers of tenants from a single tenant management user interface.
- Simple management of server processing resources which may be spread across a large number of virtual servers .
- Bootstrapping service - allows a VM at any location to be joined to the SCC cloud and quickly assigned roles and services.